If you are between the ages of 18 to 35 you stand a chance to win data or airtime. All you have to do is write a 350-word essay explaining how the District Development Model will change your life if you live in three district municipalities - OR Tambo, Waterberg and eThekwini where it is being piloted.
The winning essay will also be printed in Vuk’uzenzele newspaper with the picture of the author.
What is the District Development Model?
The District Development Model was inspired by government’s Khawuleza (hurry up) call to action. It aims to accelerate, align and integrate service delivery under a single development plan and includes 44 district and eight metropolitan municipalities.
The district plan will ensure that national priorities such as:
- economic growth and employment
- improvements to living conditions
- the fight against crime and corruption and
- better education outcomes are attended to in the locality concerned.
How to enter the competition?
- Write a 350-word essay on how the District Development Model has and will impacted you and your community.
- Send your essay to vuk’firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure that you are between the ages of 18 to 35.
- Include your name and cellphone number
- Only send your essay once and if yours is the winning essay, you will receive a call.
The essays will be assessed and the winners will be contacted to receive their prize.
Don’t forget to follow Vuk’uzenzele newspaper on Facebook and Twitter where the winners will be announced.
The closing date 15 May 2020.
If you have not heard from GCIS three (3) weeks after the closing date then it means you were not successful.
Please note that terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions: Entrants must be between the ages of 18 to 35. Entrants must submit a working cellphone number with their essays. Only the winners will be contacted. Only essays submitted to the email address provided will be considered. Only one entry will be accepted per person. There is no entry fee and multiple entries from the same person will not be considered. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.