Invitation of nominations for appointment as non-executive members of the board of the South African Post Office
Dr Siyabonga Cyprian Cwele, MP, the Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services, invites the public to nominate persons for appointment as non-executive members of the Board of the South African Post Office SOC Ltd, in terms of section 11(1)(a) of the South African Post Office SOC Ltd Act no. 22 of 2011, as amended.
Written nominations must contain the following:
- In respect of the nominator, a signed nomination letter bearing the full name, identity number, physical and postal address, telephone number and e-mail address of the nominator.
- In respect of nominee, a signed letter of acceptance of the nomination must be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vita (CV) and certified proof of academic qualifications and identity documents (ID). The CV must have the following information: identity number, physical and postal addresses; telephone and facsimile number; ande-mail address. An indication of representation of people with disabilities is required where applicable.
Candidates must possess skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience in one or more of the following:
Postal services and postal services management;
- Mail Operations, Postal Regulatory (International expertise and understanding of regulation and transformation of the postal sector);
- Property Management;
- Logistics and Courier Services;
- Sales and Marketing and e-Commerce;
- Corporate Governance, IT Governance, and Ethics;
- Retail expertise (with a demonstrable successful track record of strategic retail leadership in rural and peri-urban areas);
- Financial Inclusion, Finance and Financial Services (financial accounting, management accounting, financial management, financial reporting, auditing, corporate finance, banking and non-banking financial services);
- Legal and Contract Management;
- Information Communication and Technologies;
- Supply Chain Management (including Contract Management);
- Human Capital (with demonstrable ER experience in a large corporate);
- Business Analyst;
- Project Management;
- Transformation in terms of diversity and inclusion, particularly the delivery of services to underserviced areas; and
- Any other field of expertise that may assist in transforming the Post Office into a sustainable company that meets the developmental objectives of the Republic.
Possession of the following will be an advantage:
- Public Sector leadership and experience in relevant legislation and regulation like SAPO Act, Postbank Act, ECA, PFMA;
- Turnaround specialist skills; and
- Board Membership experience particularly in a state-owned company.
Candidates must be South African citizens and will be required to disclose financial interest in line with section 10 of the Act.
In addition, all applicants need to comply with Section 11(4)(c) of the SAPO Act in that members of the Board must be fit and proper persons as contemplated in section 44(2)(d) of the Banks Act.
Successful candidates must submit themselves to SAQA verification of qualification and must obtain security clearance.
NB: Nominations will not be considered unless all the requirements set out above are met. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Written Nominations must be addressed to:
The Director-General, Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services
For attention: Ms. Precious Tsolo, The Director, SOE Governance and Support, First Floor, Block B, iParioli Office Park, 1166 Park Street, Hatfield, Pretoria
Alternatively, email to NEDAPPOINTMENT@dtps.gov.za
Enquiries: 012 421 7025 or 012 427 8243
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 20 April 2018