External advertisement: Sessional Health Professionals for the Compensation Fund
- Occupational Medical Practitioners;
- Occupational Medicine Specialists
- Specialist Psychiatrists;
- Clinical Psychologists;
- Registered Professional Nurses;
- Occupational Therapists;
- Medical Claims Assessor
Employment Type: Sessional.
Note: These are not permanent positions on the establishment of the Compensation Fund nor the Department of Labour. Successful candidates will be engaged on the availability of the Practitioner self and as and when required by the Fund.
Compensation Fund Head Office (Pretoria)
Provincial Offices – Gauteng; North West; Mpumalanga; Limpopo; Free State; Kwa-Zulu Natal; Northern Cape; Eastern Cape & Western Cape
Reference Number: MS 10/1/2/3/2018
- Occupational Medical Practitioner – R 749.00/ hour
- Occupational Medicine Specialist – R 749.00/ hour
- Specialist Psychiatrist – R 749.00/ hour
- Clinical Psychologist – R 749.00/ hour
- Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist – R 232.00/ hour
- Registered Professional Nurse – R 483.00/ hour
- Medical Claims Assessors – R 125.00/ hour
Enquiries: Dr Lucas Mosidi/ Ncumisa Ntsunguzi, Tel: (012) 406 5856
A relevant clinical/ medical qualification at NQF Level 6/7 in the relevant discipline. Five (5) years relevant experience in Occupational Health or Medicine, Medico-legal field, Vocational Rehabilitation; Medical Aid Environment, Insurance &/or Claims Environment. Registration with HPCSA/SANC or relevant professional body.
Occupational Medical Practitioner – MBChB or equivalent with post-graduate Diploma in Occupational Health Medicine.
Occupational Medicine Specialist – MBChB or equivalent with post-graduate specialist medical degree in Occupational Medicine.
Registered Professional Nurse – BCur/BNurSci or equivalent with postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Nursing, Critical Care, Emergency Care or Primary Health.
Specialist Psychiatrist – MBChB or equivalent with post-graduate specialist medical degree in Psychiatry.
Clinical Psychologist – BSocSci (Psych) or equivalent. Physiotherapist – BPhysio or equivalent.
Occupational Therapist – BOccTher or equivalent.
Medical Claims Assessor – B(PubAdm) or equivalent.
Compensation Fund objectives and business processes; Required information technology knowledge; COIDA; Relevant Fund Policies, Circular Instructions and procedures; ICD 10 Coding; COID Medical Tariffs; AMA Guides Impairment Evaluation.
Occupational Health and Safety Act; PAJA; POPI; COID Act; National Health Act; Mental Health Act; Basic Conditions of Employment Act; Employment Equity Act; Public Service Act; Public Finance Management Act.
Requisite technical skills; Report writing; Decision-making; Problem-solving and analysis.
- To adjudicate on all claims including complex medical claims, both legacy and current, using relevant circular instructions, guidelines and standard operating procedures of the Fund;
- To assist with the pre-authorisation of assistive devices and prosthesis;
- To pre-authorise specialised procedures, treatment and interventions in line with the Fund’s Managed Care policy;
- To provide medical advice on Permanent Disablement (PD) on unscheduled diseases and injuries;
- To advice on case management of selected medical cases in line with the Fund’s Managed Care policy;
- To assist with both pre-authorisation and advice on requests for re-opening of previously finalised claims;
- To give specialist input into litigation cases brought to the Fund;
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2018
Applications must submit recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) including an ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Successful candidates will be appointed on a 5-year sessional period. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above posts. The successful candidates will be expected to attend an information session conducted by the Fund and sign a contract of service agreement.
Director: Medical Services: PO Box 955, PRETORIA, 0001 or hand deliver at 167 Thabo Sehume & Madiba Street, Delta Heights Building, OR by
Email: Lucas.Mosidi@labour.gov.za or Ncumisa.Ntsunguzi@labour.gov.za
For attention: Dr Lucas Mosidi: Medical Services Directorate, Compensation Fund