Executive Director: Infrastructure and Services
Reference Number: 2016/013
- 5-year Contract, however council reserves the right to make an offer of a permanent appointment.
- Salary negotiable as per ministerial guidelines published annually, as per Government Gazette No. 40117.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo competency assessments (Government Gazette No 37245).
Applicants will be required to meet the minimum competency requirements as published for senior managers.
Purpose of position:
The key performance areas associated with this job includes the following:
- Responsibility for the operations of the Directorate Infrastructure and Services with specific reference to Electricity, Water and Sanitation, Housing, Solid Waste, Building Services, Transport and Roads & Stormwater.
- Responsibility for the development, maintenance and ongoing review of policies relating to the operations of the directorate.
- The development, maintenance and ongoing review of human resources arrangements in support of the functioning of the directorate.
- The development, implementation and review of organisational arrangements in support of the directorate.
- The rendering of advice, guidance and support to Council and its entities regarding good governance, legislative compliance and legal and procedural matters pertaining to the functioning of the directorate.
- Responsibility for the financial management of the directorate.
- The integration and alignment of all programmes, projects and activities undertaken by the directorate with the Municipality IDP and Budget.
- Control over and overarching accountability for the line functions within the directorate.
To be successful in the job, the following competencies are required:
- Strong envisioning and strategic thinking capabilities.
- The ability to drive processes to conclusion.
- The ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary and cross-functional ways of working.
- The ability to interact effectively with politicians and managers.
- Sound knowledge of local government and its operations.
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (preferably) or Electrical and / or equivalent qualification as prescribed in the Engineering Profession Act (Act 46 of 2000).
- Diploma or certificate in management.
- Registered as professional engineer.
- Five years senior management experience gained in an organisation of similar size and complexity.
- Highly developed project management and planning skills.
- Proven ability to scrutinise in-house and privately compiled documentations.
- Knowledge of institutional policy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
- Computer literacy.
Closing date: 13 april 2017 @ 16:00
Your application will be subject at any point in time in the recruitment and selection process to:
- Security vetting
- The signing of an employment contract, a performance agreement in disclosure of financial interest (Government Gazette, 17 January 2014).
To apply, forward the Sol Plaatje application form, accompanied by a cover letter, CV and applicable certified copies of ID and qualifications, to fax: 086 650 0314 or e-mail: email@example.com or drop off in the application box on the 3rd floor, New Civic Building for attention: Miss Christine Janse.
Application forms can be obtained from:
- Sol Plaatje Municipality, New Civic Building, cnr Bultfontein and Lyndhurst Avenues
- via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the reference number and vacancy particulars. Applications will not be considered if received after the closing date/time or incomplete (without application form and certificates).
Telephonic enquiries: Miss Christine Janse at 053 830 6705