The Department of Correctional Services Polokwane Area Commissioner invites specific suppliers to register as prospective suppliers on the database in order to comply with Treasury Regulation 16A; the Department implemented a supplier database to be used by procurement unit within the Department.
NB: Suppliers/Bidders already registered for this specific service, should re-register on the database for the financial year 2016/2017 and should meet the requirements below.
The following services is required:
- Waste Management
NB: Requirements from the potential waste management company:
1. The Healthcare waste management contracted shall provide documentation to show that the treatment and disposal procedures and facilities are:
- Have adequate capacity and that
- they comply with relevant national legislation and provisions.
2. The company should be licensed and permitted under:
- National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act 59 of 2008)
- Regulation 543 of 2010: Regulation under National Environment Management Act, 107 of 1998.
- The service provider should have a reputable experience in the management of healthcare waste (supply of containers, collection, treatment and disposal)
3. The Service provider shall produce documents containing the following information:
- Method of disposal to be used for each waste category
- Proof that the disposal facilities are adequate, licenced and comply with relevant legislation
- Proof of the final disposal of the healthcare waste collected previously.
All suppliers can register from the date of publication for a period of 30 days (CLOSING DATE 09 MAY 2016)
The registering points are as follows:
Polokwane correctional centre, cnr Landros & Hospital Street, Polokwane, 0700 Tel: 0152970409 Fax: 015 297 4540
Any enquiries about this matter could be communicated to: Mr BM Zulu or Ms L Mabusela at: 015 297 0409 ext. 218/219