Rather be safe than sorry this festive season. Take some precautions to ensure that you and your family are safe - not only during the holidays, but throughout the year.
- Stand together as a community against crime and get to know your neigbours. Get together a group of people who can look out for each other and report suspicious behavior or criminal
- If you go away, ask friends or neighbours you trust to keep a lookout for any suspicious people on or near your property.
- Never make use of illegal electricity connections in your home. These connections are not only dangerous, but can result in legal prosecution.
- Don’t leave small children at home alone and never let them play alone, especially near water – they can easily drown, even in shallow water.
- Teach children never to go anywhere with strangers and never let strangers into the house.
- Teach your children the police’s emergency numbers.
- Be cautious when using ATMs and think twice about drawing money in an unfamiliar or deserted area, especially at night!