Limpopo Province experiences a shortage of qualified Engineers, Technicians and other needed scarce skills to establish, maintain and manage Government office buildings, efficiently.
- To address skills shortage in the Department.
- To offer financial assistance to the previously disadvantaged individuals to acquire skills that are needed in the Department and in the construction sector within the province.
- To promote economic growth, employability and social development.
- To create awareness and accessibility to built environment careers.
Eligibility for consideration
Candidates must be:
- South African residing in Limpopo Province, students intending to or already studying towards a degree/diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institute and within the built environment.
- Able to provide proof of academic results for grade 12 or alternatively be in possession of an acceptable alternate qualification.
- Accepted by the university/technikon.
Bursaries available / targeted areas
- Degree in Building Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Degree in Architectural Science
- Degree/N. Diploma in Landscaping
- Degree/N. Diploma in Asset Management
- Degree/N. Diploma in Financial Management
- Degree/N. Diploma in Property and Facility Management
Preference shall be given to:
- Commendable performance
- Proof of acceptance into chosen tertiary institution
- Previously disadvantaged individuals
- Designated groups
Proof of registration with particular tertiary institution should be submitted.
- Payment is made after receiving the statement of account from the institutions.
- Payments are therefore made in respect of the following items: Registration, Tuition, Meals, Accommodation, and books
After completion of studies, a student may be expected to serve the department, the number of years equivalent to years of sponsorship.
Refund of bursary payments
Failure to comply with the provisions of the bursary agreement will result in the Bursar having to refund immediately all amounts (plus interest) paid by the Department on their behalf.
Closing date for applications
The closing date for applications is 31st October every year.