Level of remuneration: R142 461 per annum (Level 5) Appointment Act: Public Service Act, 1994 (Act 103 of 1994)
Section: Provincial Head Crime Intelligence
Gauteng Ref no: GP 1/4/2016 (1 post)
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post
- Be in possession of Senior Certifi cate (Grade 12).
- Applicants in possession of a higher qualifi cation in the specific field or have completed an internship or currently undergoing an internship in the Public Service may receive preference.
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English
- Appropriate and relevant experience in the field of the post as well as competency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point may be an advantage
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
- To provide secretarial support functions to the Provincial Head.
- Arrange, prepare meetings, agendas, typing and taking of minutes.
- Answer and screen all incoming calls to the office of the Provincial Head.
- Liaise with other sections and components on matters relating to the Provincial Head’s office.
- Maintain good recordkeeping, filing and bring forward system.
- Handle confidential documents.
- Process and submit claims, make travelling and accommodation arrangements.
- Manage the diary as well as receive and hosts visitors of the office.
- Operate standard equipment (fax, photo copy machine, telephone, computers etc).
- Serving refreshments to visitors and during meetings.
- Manage office inventory.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post.
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 103 of 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
The closing date for applications is: 4 July 2016
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process at the level of “Top Secret Security Clearance
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Application forms must be hand delivered or posted to the relevant office as indicated below.
Co-ordinator: Col Van der Merwe / Capt Wessels
Old JSE Building, 17 Diagonal Street, Newtown, Johannesburg
PO Box 30607, Braamfontein, 2017
Tel no: 011 373 3423 / 3417