Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) seeks an experienced senior manager to be responsible for training and development. The successful candidate will have insight and understanding of government communications and will play a leading role in the training, induction, and development of manual/guidelines/communication policies and implementation of the qualification for government communicators.
POST : Director: Training and Development
DIRECTORATE: Training and Development
SALARY: All-inclusive salary package: R 819 126 per annum
REF NUMBER: DTD 07/2014
Applicants should be in possession of a three-year Bachelor’s degree in either Communications or Training and Development. A post graduate qualification in either field will be an added advantage.
Six to eight years’ experience in a training/communication environment, of which two to three years should be in management.
Expertise in curriculum development and thorough knowledge of communication, demonstrated in-depth knowledge of how the South African Government operates, writing and editing. Have sound knowledge and understanding of government communication / project / financial management, development of policies and procedures, outcomes-based training, and quality assurance, quality frameworks for NQF accredited training, and curriculum development processes.
Strategic capability and leadership, financial management, programme and project management, service delivery innovation, communication (written and verbal) skills, people management and empowerment, problem solving and analysis, stakeholder management, customer service, Knowledge management and learning and researching.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Director: Cluster Communication and will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Providing managerial leadership and strategic direction, including managing the day-to-day operations of the curriculum development and quality assurance functions in the whole government.
- Confering with departments and conduct surveys to identify training and development needs of government communicator based on the identified needs.
- Creating a framework of policies and procedures for curriculum development and quality assurance, and ensuring implementation thereof and adherence thereto.
- Coordinating the participation of government communication in already established courses provided by accredited learning institutions.
- Monitoring the implementation of developed curricula on an ongoing basis to ensure that it will lead to a credit-bearing qualification for government communicators.
- Analysing, collating and escalating management information for planning and decision-making purposes.
- Evaluating the impact of learning and development interventions to assess whether governments objectives are met.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training and development programme, providing recommendation for improvements.
- Develop and organise training manuals, multi-media aids, and other educational and support material for government communicators.
- Managing budgets and ensuring that expenditure is within limits.
- Developing the GCIS’s training policies.
- Managing the performance and development of direct reports in the unit.
- Conducting orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new government communicators, messengers and political principals.
ENQUIRIES: Legadima Leso
TEL: (012) 473 0147
The GCIS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Sevice department and be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (failure to comply with these requirements, will result in the application being disqualified). Certification stamp must not be older than three months. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personal suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
Applications should be directed to: The CEO, Government Communication and Information System, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001, for attention: Mr S Matshageng; or hand deliver to: 1035 Tshedimosetso House, Frances Baard Street. Visit our website for more positions in the organisation. Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.