Each workbook is made up of 128 easy-tofollow worksheets for listening, reading and writing skills. The workbooks are organised into four worksheets per week, divided over eight weeks per term. All workbooks comply with the latest Curriculum Assessment Policy Statement of 2011.
The books provide every learner with easyto- understand worksheets to practice the language and numeracy skills they have been taught in class. They are also meant to help teachers track the progress of learners and provide extra support if needed.
Every child will own its workbook. This means children can take the workbooks home and write in them. The workbooks are not a replacement for textbooks. They are meant to be used along with textbooks and save teachers time, as they no longer have to create writing exercises and prepare their own worksheets.
Which workbooks are available in 2012?
- Literacy/language workbooks for Grades 1 to 6 in all 11 official languages.
- Numeracy workbooks are available for Grades 1 to 3 in all official languages and in English and Afrikaans for Grades 4 to 6.
- Mathematics and Language in English and Afrikaans for Grades 7 to 9.
- English First Additional Language for Grades 1 to 6.
- Life Skills for Grades 1 to 3.
What other changes will be introduced in 2012
- The Braille version of all the workbooks will be available in 2012 for visually impaired learners.
- Teacher guides for each workbook will also be distributed.