Department of Transport and Public Works
APPLICATIONS: Applications must be forwarded to Ayanda Mbanga Response Management, PO Box 833, Greenpoint 8051 or hand-delivered and placed in the PGWC Response Management Job Application box, located at the Foyer Entrance, Ground Floor, Dorp Street, Cape Town (attention Judy Johnstone).
Please note: Hand-delivered applications must be placed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked for the attention of Ayanda Mbanga Response Management. No registered mail must be sent to the hand-delivery address. PGWC is an equal opportunity employer.
FOR ATTENTION : Ms Judy Johnstone
CLOSING DATE : 6 May 2011
NOTE : How to apply: Z83 forms (obtainable from any government department) must: Be completed in full . Clearly reflect the reference number and/or name of the position . Be signed. Include a concise, three-page maximum, CV and the names of three recent referees and their e mail contact details, copies of ID, driver’s licence and highest qualification. Applications without the above will not be considered. CVs will not be returned. Candidates may be expected to undergo a behavioural and/or potential analysis, competency assessment and security clearance. Personnel Suitability Checks which includes criminal record checks, citizenship status, financial and asset record checking, credit checks, previous employment and qualification verification will be conducted on applicants as directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration. It will be expected of short-listed candidates to be available to undergo a competency assessment and selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Department. If you have not heard from the PGWC within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The PGWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post 13/90: Assistant Executive Manager - Strategic Planning, Integration and Coordination - Ref No U2/10/160
Strategy, Planning and co-ordination Branch
Job Purpose: To integrate and co-ordinate the development of Departmental Strategies and Plans.
SALARY : All inclusive remuneration package of R830 502.00 per annum (salary level 14)
Note: The remuneration package is flexible and comprises a basic salary, 13th cheque, car allowance, medical assistance and pension fund contribution. A portion of the remuneration package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs.
CENTRE : Top Management post in Cape Town
REQUIRMENTS : Qualifications: Appropriate post-graduate degree
Experience: Extensive appropriate senior management experience (minimum of six years)
Knowledge: Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience of the transport and public works sectors
- Knowledge of national and provincial regulatory environments.
- Experience in strategic planning and policy development.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of inter-governmental relations
- Human capital management experience.
- Financial management experience.
- Strategic leadership ability.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Management of diversity and change.
DUTIES: Key performance areas: Develop, manage and publish departmental strategic, transversal and integrated plans
- Manage provincial strategic issues within the Economic and Infrastructure Cluster where the department is the custodian
- Manage strategic and integrated departmental planning processes
- Manage the departmental monitoring and evaluation system
- Manage knowledge-management systems, inclusive of Enterprise Content Management and Programme and Project Management systems
- Manage the co-ordination of departmental strategic, transversal and integrated planning processes
- Manage the departmental involvement in provincial strategic objectives which the department supports.
ENQUIRIES : Ms J Gooch, Tel: 0214833013
NOTE : The incumbent will report to the Executive Manager: Strategy, Planning and Coordination and have a staff contingent of 4 Senior Managers and 1 Personal Assistant reporting directly and 10 Managers reporting indirectly. The individual who is successful in this position will play an integral role in leading the strategic direction of the department. The department has set high targets and requires strong individuals who are outcomes-focused and innovative thinkers to help it achieve the goals set.