Implats bursaries are open to all candidates meeting the minimum criteria of a university exemption pass and a minimum C Symbol in Mathematics, English and Science.
Our bursary cover:
Should you be awarded an implats bursary, you will be required to work for the company for the full period of the bursary and undertake vacation work at the end of each year.
Implats offers bursaries in the following fields:
What we are looking for are people who
- Registration and tuition fees for the duration of the course
- Residence fees
- Cash allowance
- Personal computer allowance from 2nd year of study
- Engineering: mining , chemical, mechanical & electrical (heavy current)
- Chemistry to honours level with a second major in either physics or mathe-metics
- Geology to honours level with second major in one of the following: Chemistry, Geophysics, Earth Science, Mathematical Statistics
- Survey (Mining) * Accounting BCom * Human Resources BCom.
- are able to work under pressure
- have leadership potential, combined with the ability to work in a team
- have good problem solving abilities
- are tenacious
- have common sense
- are able to make decisions and think logically
- are self-motivated, and have good communication skills.
How to apply for bursary
If you meet the minimum criteria and you would like to apply, please fill in the application form obtainable from the website www.implats.co.za.
Note: Applications for next year should be submitted via post on or before 31 March 2012. Reviews will take place in May 2012 and successful applications will be informed accordingly. Please attach all supporting documentation (certified) when submitting the application as requested.
Please post application to:
THE TRAINING MANAGER: BURSARIES,
PO BOX 5683